Thursday, January 14, 2010

BY YOU LOSE

-Provo, UT

Edward Lavell Stadium was rocking, all the way up until the 3rd quater. Coach JD had finally had enough of the Josh Hayes, "I played him too soon, I put too much pressure on him." Hayes was rattled all game long and it showed as he completed just 5 of 10 passes with 1 Touchdown and one interception. Don't worry though, there's always the starter. In came Will Secord who hadn't thrown a pass all game. "I told him he was our only shot to win, that I knew I was asking alot but I knew he could do it." Secord came in firing throwing for 9 of 18 for 237 yards and 3 Touchdowns. "Coach JD just told me to come out and play my game. We have some great receivers and this really was a team effort. I told the guys in the huddle, we can get this thing accomplished if we didn't quit." Apparently the Noles offense got the message. Chris Thompson carried 25 times for 129 yards, and Rodney Smith caught 3 passes for 108 yards and 2 Touchdowns on the day. The Noles go back home to Doak to begin conference play next week as they host Boston College at 3:30 saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment